Dave

Default How do I use the PRINT field code to ...

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP and I am trying to figure out how to use
the PRINT field code. My ultimate goal is to embed postscript/pdfmark code
to pass to the PDFMaker utility, which creates PDF files from Word documents.
I have experience using field codes and I have read the documentation for
the PRINT field code. My issue is with the /p para group flag for the PRINT
field code. I either have misunderstood the documentation, or it is not
working as advertised. I will illustrate with a simple example. Consider a
simple document with only one paragraph and using the PRINT field code to
print text over the paragraph as in this example:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown
fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown
fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
{PRINT \p para "wp$x 2 div wp$y 2 div moveto 45 rotate /Helvetica findfont 12
scalefont setfont 0.5 setgray (hello) show "} The quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I expected this to produce the word "hello" printed at a 45 degree angle
over the center of the paragraph €” instead only the regular text appears with
no discernable effect of the PRINT field code.

Dave

Suzanne,

Thank you for the tip about reposting in the
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts newsgroup. Unfortunately, I have had
only one reply and it was not helpful (see
http://communities2.microsoft.com/co...7-f7c0f5cd382e).

Do you have any other suggestions about obtaining help for my question?