Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] gradelylad@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Merge overlaps when sent to print

I have a problem here I have researched but cannot find any answers,
we have multiple users at one location that when they perform a mail
merge, this works without issue, however when they hit the print
button all the text overlaps to the left of the page, in a single
vertical line. (looks like a single vertical line of chinese
letters !)
and this prints out like this.
This happens on multiple printers (different manufacturers) we have
varied print drivers (PCL 5 and 6)
We have reset user profiles, Service Packed the server to SP2 (server
2003), and serviced packed, and patched Office 2003. I have now run
out of ideas. I have found post on usenet with similar issues but no
resolution.
Can anyone assist please. I am no word expert, this is not really my
field, however my usual lines of assistance have revealed nothing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

On Feb 15, 1:40*pm, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. *You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See alsohttp://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Graham

Thankyou so much for this, I have just remoted into one of the users
machines, and did the work around, it recovered the document, and
printed it out
correctly on an alternative printer.

Regards

Gary