Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Moniz

Default How can I print digital signature info with my Word document?

I have certain Word documents on file that have been through an approval
process, utilizing digital signatures. I'm required to keep hardcopy of some
of these. Is there a way to print out the digital signature stamp with the
content of the document so that I can show that it had been approved?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Steve:

No. A digital signature is simply an encrypted binary number. There's
nothing to print.

Take a screen-shot of the digital signature display as it appears on your
screen (Ctrl + Alt + PrntScrn) and paste that into the document. Note that
as soon as you do that, the digital signature is invalid, so do NOT save the
document :-)

Cheers

On 19/11/05 7:19 AM, in article
, "Steve Moniz" Steve
wrote:

I have certain Word documents on file that have been through an approval
process, utilizing digital signatures. I'm required to keep hardcopy of some
of these. Is there a way to print out the digital signature stamp with the
content of the document so that I can show that it had been approved?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RjS, CISSP

Hi John - Can I take this issue one step further. I work for a company that
uses spreadsheets during the preperation of the quarterly SEC 10Q reports
required of public companies. One of our accounting audit controls is that
the final spreadsheets must be digitally signed. Our auditors are looking for
a way of listing directory and file information that includes whether or not
the .xls file has been digitally signed. Can you recommend any way to do
this; either with a utility, or with VB?

Thanks,