Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spurrk

Default How do I get rid of a dotted line at the end of a paragraph?

When I typed in three asterisks as separators between paragraphs and then hit
the Enter key (I think) it created a dotted line as a separator and now I
can't get rid of the dotted line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"spurrk" wrote in message
When I typed in three asterisks as separators between paragraphs and

then hit
the Enter key (I think) it created a dotted line as a separator and

now I
can't get rid of the dotted line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

The asterisk is one of several characters Word uses to generate horizontal
lines, which are really borders. Enter the characters I think 3 times,
press Enter and poof, instant line. The characters are -/_, =, #, *, and ~.
You can turn this feature off, if you want, but it is a pretty nice feature
for those times when you really want a nice quick horizontal line. An
alternative: if you actually want those 3 or more characters click on the
Undo arrow when the line appears. The line will disappear and your desired
characters will remain exactly as youy typed them.