C Tate

Default Side headings

What is the best way to do 'side headings'. I'm not sure what the correct
term is so I'm calling them 'side headings'! What I mean, however, is a
heading that sorts of sits in the margin while the rest of the paragraph is
just normal or body text.

This may not be possible with Word (2003) but I am sure someone will tell me
otherwise!

SVC

Two ideas come immediately to mind to solve your problem (I'm sure there are
more).

1. You could set up your document as a table and use the cells on left for
your headings (note that you can changed the Text direction in cells (Format
Tet Direction) in a table, which might be useful). The remainder of your

text would go in the right cells with whatever format you wish.

2. You can create a Textbox and add text to it. You can move the Textbox
around on the page and, if you wish, change the Text Direction as well to
meet your needs.