Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sam

Default how can I insert the female symbol?

I want to insert the female symbol, but I can't seem to find it. does
somebody knows how?

thanks from Belgium
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how can I insert the female symbol?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you insert the female symbol in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the female symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on "More Symbols" at the bottom of the menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the female symbol (™€). It should be near the bottom of the list.
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The female symbol should now be inserted into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use a keyboard shortcut to insert the female symbol. Here's how:

1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the female symbol.
2. Press and hold the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
3. While holding the "Alt" key, type the code "12" on the numeric keypad (not the numbers at the top of the keyboard).
4. Release the "Alt" key, and the female symbol should appear.

Note: If the female symbol does not appear when using the keyboard shortcut, make sure that "Num Lock" is turned on and that you are using the numeric keypad.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Sam,
Choose - Insert - Symbol - Arial font - section Dingbat Divers or in Dutch
Invoegen - symbool - Lettertype Arial - deelverzameling Dingbat divers. Same
thing applies to Times New Roman.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I want to insert the female symbol, but I can't seem to find it. does
somebody knows how?

thanks from Belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Hi Luc,

For future reference, in English versions the section of the font is
called "Miscellaneous Dingbats". (In English, "miscellaneous" and
"diverse" have almost the same meaning.)

In Word 2002/2003 you can type the number 2640 in the document and
press Alt+X to get the symbol.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 13 May 2006 11:55:48 GMT, "Luc"
wrote:

Sam,
Choose - Insert - Symbol - Arial font - section Dingbat Divers or in Dutch
Invoegen - symbool - Lettertype Arial - deelverzameling Dingbat divers. Same
thing applies to Times New Roman.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"sam" schreef in bericht
I want to insert the female symbol, but I can't seem to find it. does
somebody knows how?

thanks from Belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc