Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattG MattG is offline

Default Is there a tool to create a document based on a decision tree?

I create statements of work routinely for 10 to 20 different core projects.
Each project has many related sub-tasks that fit into different phases of the
project. Not all projects need all of the items, but I'd like to check off
items that should be included.
I am looking for a program that will allow me to choose one of the base
templates, from which I will be presented with sub-task topics to choose
from, and then, at the end of the "wizard" (I envision it will be wizard
based), it will kick out a document which includes text and material from the
core topic and all of the sub-task components I've chosen.
Anyone see a tool that works like this?
Can anyone suggest a way of building such a tool? Would it be Access
combined with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattG MattG is offline

I already use Project to track the project, but Project doesn't create a
proposal document for me.

So I guess my question wasn't very clear.

I need a "wizard" that starts with a selection of templates and then drills
down asking questions or presenting options based on the source of the tree.
As I check off items, it remembers what was selected and then, as the final
step, creates a Word document from data associated with the selected choices.

Thanks,
Matt

"MattG" wrote in message
I create statements of work routinely for 10 to 20 different core projects.
Each project has many related sub-tasks that fit into different phases of
the
project. Not all projects need all of the items, but I'd like to check
off
items that should be included.
I am looking for a program that will allow me to choose one of the base
templates, from which I will be presented with sub-task topics to choose
from, and then, at the end of the "wizard" (I envision it will be wizard
based), it will kick out a document which includes text and material from
the
core topic and all of the sub-task components I've chosen.
Anyone see a tool that works like this?
Can anyone suggest a way of building such a tool? Would it be Access
combined with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It may not be a complete solution, but you should have a look at
DataPrompter (http://www.wordsite.com/products/dpdas.htm). If you need
a customized solution -- which I suspect is the case -- write to Bill
Coan through the contact link on the site for a consultation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"MattG" wrote in message
I create statements of work routinely for 10 to 20 different core projects.
Each project has many related sub-tasks that fit into different phases of
the
project. Not all projects need all of the items, but I'd like to check
off
items that should be included.
I am looking for a program that will allow me to choose one of the base
templates, from which I will be presented with sub-task topics to choose
from, and then, at the end of the "wizard" (I envision it will be wizard
based), it will kick out a document which includes text and material from
the
core topic and all of the sub-task components I've chosen.
Anyone see a tool that works like this?
Can anyone suggest a way of building such a tool? Would it be Access
combined with Word?

create an email merge in word 2002 using an existing html document Prudential Zack Shore Properties Admin Mailmerge 1 February 19th 06 08:12 AM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 11:29 PM
Setting title document property affects retrieval of author [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 25th 06 07:06 AM
how do I create a document that lets me type without the document. Help me keep my document still Microsoft Word Help 2 April 25th 05 04:57 PM
How do I create a document with a check list but that others can . Barbara Wyman Microsoft Word Help 2 December 31st 04 10:12 PM