Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RSunday RSunday is offline

Default Page count across files and directories

I have a folder structure with many word-documents.

I would like to make a total page count of all the word-docs. Can I do that?

This is to give a quick overview of the size of a complete document structure.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Yes, if you want to pull off a little trick...

There's a field called RD...Referenced Document...that you can use to
figure out the total pages.

Go to the very last page of the last document you plan to use and
enter something, such as your name, and mark it as an Index Entry.

Then you can use the RD fields to reference all the documents in the
folder by listing each with the RD field into a bogus index page.

You'd list them on a new page like this, using the names of each
file...

{ RD One.doc }
{ RD Two.doc }

Then insert the Index code and the page will display all index marked
items. If you have more index entries than that one you just
added...just look for that one, i.e., your name, and see what page it
says its on. Say it says it's one page 244, that means you have 244
pages compiled from all the documents you referenced in the RD fields
you inserted.

Just make sure you put them in the right order so that the one you
marked with your name is the very last RD *doc* listed in the group.

You'll find more details on how to do this in this article...

Compiling Sub Docs
http://www.mousetrax.com/mastdoc.html

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting