Ron S

Default Strange performance when re-opening docs.

Word 2000 9.06926 SP3. Last week when I started opening existing word docs,
I noticed 1 to 2 pages of extra text inserted at the end of the document that
seem to contain information about the document. These typically start with
€śNormal€ť, €śNormal€ť and end with €śMicrosoft Word Document€ť, €śMSWordDoc€ť,
€śWord.Document.8€ť. It seems that all of the original formatting is gone and
just the typed text of the original document is there. If I delete the extra
lines of text, and go to save, I am prompted that the document will save in
Word Format. I tried a few times getting a new normal.dot file, but it
doesnt seem to fix it. Experimenting, I discovered that if a file opens
with the extra words at the end and formatting not in place, I just need to
close the document and then re-open it and it is then fine. What is going
on?.