Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
J[_2_] J[_2_] is offline

Default 2007 Compatibility Pack for 2003 Word user

Do I understand correctly that if I install the 2007 Compatibility
Pack over Word 2003, I will be able to open and edit Word 2007
documents? Are there any limitations?

From Microsoft.com :

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office
2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and
save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2007. The Compatibility Pack can also be used in conjunction with the
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003, Excel Viewer 2003, and PowerPoint
Viewer 2003 to view files saved in these new formats. For more
information about the Compatibility Pack, see Knowledge Base article
924074."

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Some features that are only available in Word 2007 won't be present in 2003.
This is unlikely to be a problem.

More important, you get all the new fonts that come with Office 2007 which
will make reading any emails or documents created using those fonts more
true.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"J" wrote in message
Do I understand correctly that if I install the 2007 Compatibility
Pack over Word 2003, I will be able to open and edit Word 2007
documents? Are there any limitations?

From Microsoft.com :

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office
2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and
save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2007. The Compatibility Pack can also be used in conjunction with the
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003, Excel Viewer 2003, and PowerPoint
Viewer 2003 to view files saved in these new formats. For more
information about the Compatibility Pack, see Knowledge Base article
924074."

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
J[_2_] J[_2_] is offline

"J" wrote in message

Do I understand correctly that if I install the 2007 Compatibility
Pack over Word 2003, I will be able to open and edit Word 2007
documents? *Are there any limitations?

From Microsoft.com :

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office
2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and
save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2007. The Compatibility Pack can also be used in conjunction with the
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003, Excel Viewer 2003, and PowerPoint
Viewer 2003 to view files saved in these new formats. For more
information about the Compatibility Pack, see Knowledge Base article
924074."

TIA- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Terry