Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR JR is offline

Default What happen to my 2003 Word?

Hello,

I was running a Word Office 2003 version on my lap top with Vista. It
recently updated and now the Office 2007 version is loading when I open my
documents. I don't have a "product key" so I close it and my documents open.
The last time I did this it says that this will be my last time I can use
the 2007 version. I am more comfortable with the 2003 version. How do I get
it back?

Thanks in advance
--
JR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What do you mean by 'it recently updated'. Do you have both versions on your
PC? If so and you don't make any registry changes then the last version of
Word you use will be the default. So open Word 2003 and it will reconfigure
to default. To keep it that way either uninstall the almost defunct trial of
2007, or see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm for the
registry changes.