short underline for signature..press enter..get a bold underline

Old March 24th 05, 11:33 PM
MQY

Default short underline for signature..press enter..get a bold underline

I type a short underline for a signature. I press enter for a new line.. I
get a bold solid underline from margin to margin.. how do I get rid of the
bold underline ?
Old March 25th 05, 12:01 AM
KePaHa

Go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options. Then the AutoFormat As You Type tab and
uncheck Border lines.

Old March 25th 05, 12:45 AM

For cause, cure, and prevention, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm