Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bennykatemum bennykatemum is offline

Default Merging/Collating several Word documents into one doc (cut and pas

Hi there,
I have about 8 word documents which I need to collate into one big "flow on"
work document (and I can't just PDF them all into one doc, it has to be
Word). So...I've cut and paste each document underneath the next in a new
word document. However some of the major headings have half the letters
distored...kind of like it's still thinking and trying to "download them" but
can't. Also, I'm trying to copy and paste a Visio flow chart into the word
document...but all I get is about one cm of the document - again, it seems
like it's trying to "download" but can't. And if I paste that same flowchart
into another new Word doc, with nothing else in it, I don't have a problem.

Is there a way to collate lots of Word docs into one Word doc without these
issues?? It is driving me insane!!

Thanks

Keri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no way to collate a group of disparate documents with conflicting
paragraph styles into one document. The best you are likely to achieve would
be to insert a section break between each document. The
http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm add-in will do that.