Wayne Thomas

Default Word's current date is different from system date

I have Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 platform.

I recently had to wipe the HD and re-install the operating system &
programs. Now, when I start to type the current date (not in a field, just
text), Word offers its suggestion in a box and if I press enter, it completes
the entry with a date that is 1-day off (i.e. January 25, 2005 vs january 26)
from the computers system date.

I have tried resetting the system date and back again with no luck and I
cannot seem to find a way to correct the disparity.

Wayne Thomas

Yes, Time Zone is set to US East Coast (GMT-5), Auto adjust for DST is
checked and date & time are properly set in Windows. I've shut down,
re-booted, deleted normal.dot, deactivated and reactivated Auto text and
still have the problem.

I'm stumped...any other suggestions?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Are you sure it's not a time zone issue with the computer?

garfield-n-odie

Word remembers what day it was when you last rebooted the computer, and
uses that for the current date. So if you haven't rebooted since
yesterday, then Word picks up yesterday's date. To fix the problem, reboot.

Wayne Thomas wrote:

I have Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 platform.

I recently had to wipe the HD and re-install the operating system &
programs. Now, when I start to type the current date (not in a field, just
text), Word offers its suggestion in a box and if I press enter, it completes
the entry with a date that is 1-day off (i.e. January 25, 2005 vs january 26)
from the computers system date.

I have tried resetting the system date and back again with no luck and I
cannot seem to find a way to correct the disparity.

Wayne Thomas

I've re-booted several times, and it still is 1-day off.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Word remembers what day it was when you last rebooted...

garfield-n-odie

Hmmm... If you click on Start | Control Panel | Regional and Language
Options | Regional Options, are you in the correct "Location"?