Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default Format text field as number with +/-

I am using Word 2007. I inserted a text form field, using the legacy forms
controls. Under properties for that field, I formatted it as Type: Number,
and Number Format: 0.0

I want the field to display the number with the +/- sign (e.g., if I enter
"1.5" it displays as "+1.5", and if I enter "-1.5" it displays as "-1.5").
Zero should be displayed as "0.0"

I found information about using switches on Graham Mayor's site, but I
couldn't get the switch to work as expected. This is what I tried: { FORMTEXT
\# +0.0 }

Thanks for any help,
~ Horatio