Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

This problem has been reported at least once before, but I don't think any
resolution was found. I don't find any KB articles that address this,
either. If you would like to send a *small* sample to ,
I'll take a look and see what I can find out.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"paula" wrote in message
When the protection menu appears, I am able to select steps 1 and 2 that
includes the editing restrictions. However, step 3 for enforcing does not
allow me to.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you selected the type of protection? You must first check the box

for
"Editing restrictions" and then select "Filling in forms."

Alternatively, if
you're going to protect the entire document (and not just specific
sections), you can use the padlock button on the Forms toolbar.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"paula" wrote in message
I have created a form in Word 2003. When I try to protect it to allow
editing to fill in the forms, the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" is
disabled. Now if I create a blank document then protect it, unprotect

it,
create my forms and reprotect it, it works fine. This is my first

experience
with 2003. Is there anyway to protect the document after it is

create?

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM