SianH

Default Mail Merge and Outlook Contacts ... weird!

Hiya,

I'm trying to do a mailmerge from within Word (from Outlook isn't an open as
we use a document management system).

I have two people's contact lists in my Outlook view, I have permission as a
reviewer.

When I launch mailmerge from Word, I get the option to select Contact List
.... it shows mine and one other, but not the third.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks!
)
Doug Robbins

As a work around, you could perform a catalog mailmerge from Outlook to a
new Word document, setting up the mergefields in the cells of a single row
table in the catalog mailmerge main document. After executing that merge,
add a row at the top of the table in the new document that will have been
populated with the data from the Outlook datasource and enter field names
into the cells of that new row. Then save this document and use it as your
datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"SianH" wrote in message

Hiya,

I'm trying to do a mailmerge from within Word (from Outlook isn't an open
as
we use a document management system).

I have two people's contact lists in my Outlook view, I have permission as
reviewer.

When I launch mailmerge from Word, I get the option to select Contact List
... it shows mine and one other, but not the third.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks!
)

SianH

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the work around - it worked ok.

I'm still curious as to why I can't see the three contact lists though ...
is there a limit somewhere that you can only see 2, I wonder?

Any takers?!

Sian