needhelp

Default Email mail merge

I don't seem to be able to send mail merge emails in HTML format, only Plain
text. The original text came from an HTML email that I then copied to Word,
made changes and entered merge fields. When I click Merge, Electronic
Mail... and the Merge to Email box comes up (To, Subject, and Format), when I
click HTML and Ok, it is busy for a moment then nothing happens (ie, emails
don't send). However, when I click Plain text, I can send the emails. Why
is this, can anyone help with a solution?
Graham Mayor

You can only merge e-mail as plain text or with html attachments. You cannot
currently merge to html format with Word. It is worth noting that you have
no control over how messages are viewed and many experienced users will have
their mail readers set to view only plain text.
See also the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm