Jeanne Moos

Default Merge multiple word pages into one Word document.

I have a word template (.dot) that contains bookmarks that get replaced with
data from our SQL database into a form letter
..
Every time I have many employee numbers listed, one page will open for each
employee. So if I select 20 employee numbers. 20 separate pages will be
opened on my computer screen. I want to merge all the employee numbers into
one word document so that I have a 20 page word document rather than 20
separate word pages opened on my PC.

Can someone please help? Is this even possible?

Doug Robbins

If you were to use mailmerge and merge to a new document, that is what you
would get.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
.
Every time I have many employee numbers listed, one page will open for
each
employee. So if I select 20 employee numbers. 20 separate pages will be
opened on my computer screen. I want to merge all the employee numbers
into
one word document so that I have a 20 page word document rather than 20
separate word pages opened on my PC.

Can someone please help? Is this even possible?

Jeanne Moos

True that is what merge does. See the SQL database is linked to word. So when
the user selects the form. The form displays and prints. We only have access
to the simple form letter merges. Basically I'm trying to change the behavior
of the form
letter. I was hoping to find some script that would 1. prevent the files
from opening up on my desktop 2. merge it into one word document.

Can you help?

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
1st word in heading flush left second word flush right Elin New Users 9 April 4th 05 08:44 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM