Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Victor Delta[_2_] Victor Delta[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get rid of the Reviewing Toolbar?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The issue concerns what is triggering the reviewing toolbar to pop up when
unwanted.
AutoExec will ensure that it is turned off when you start Word, but if it
comes back when you create a new document, you need an autonew macro. If
it returns when opening other people's documents you need an autoopen
macro. If the return is random, you need a belt and braces approach and
all three macros.

Suzanne/Graham

Many thanks to you both for your help (Graham - sorry if I did not make it
totally clear in my original post that the problem is with opening
documents - mostly email attachments).

Regards,