Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allan

Default "The disk is full"

Hi.
Whenever I try to save my document after I have updated the fields in it, I
get the error message "The disk is full. Free some space bla bla.bla". How
do I save my document when this happens? I did some googling and tried
saving it as a RTF and then reopen it. This resulted in all my footers not
showing pagenumber as "folio by chapter" but just a page number, and when I
try to reset it as folio by chapter nothing happens, it just shows e.g. 1 in
stead of 6-1 (as in chapter 6 page 1). Help me please!!!

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Allan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DAVE

Hi Allen,
Have a look at the attached article,
Regards,
--
DAVE

"Allan" wrote:

Hi.
Whenever I try to save my document after I have updated the fields in it, I
get the error message "The disk is full. Free some space bla bla.bla". How
do I save my document when this happens? I did some googling and tried
saving it as a RTF and then reopen it. This resulted in all my footers not
showing pagenumber as "folio by chapter" but just a page number, and when I
try to reset it as folio by chapter nothing happens, it just shows e.g. 1 in
stead of 6-1 (as in chapter 6 page 1). Help me please!!!

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Allan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allan

Hi Dave.
Thanks for the link, however this does not solve my problem. The message I
get in Word 2000 begins with "The disk is full. Free some space......." I
have apprx. 20 GB free space and I'm trying to save a word doc. of some 8 mb
in size. I have cleaned up the drive, defragmented and used all repair
actions that comes with windows 2000, but the problem remains: I can work in
the document and make changes, I can save the changes, but NOT after I have
updated all the fields; in this case I get the error message. I have
searched the doc. for corrupted fields etc, but Word doesn't find any errors
when I update so I assume all must be ok. Strangely enough I can save it on
my other computer after having updated the fields, this one also uses Word
2000, so I'm pretty much in the dark here when it comes to finding out what
generates the error message. Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Allan

"Allan" wrote:

Hi.
Whenever I try to save my document after I have updated the fields in it,
get the error message "The disk is full. Free some space bla bla.bla".
How
do I save my document when this happens? I did some googling and tried
saving it as a RTF and then reopen it. This resulted in all my footers
not
showing pagenumber as "folio by chapter" but just a page number, and when
try to reset it as folio by chapter nothing happens, it just shows e.g. 1
in
stead of 6-1 (as in chapter 6 page 1). Help me please!!!

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Allan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor