Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peg K

Default Header and footer sections

Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. Also,
look into the StyleRef field.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Peg K" wrote in message
news
Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In addition to
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm and
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

"Peg K" wrote in message
news
Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peg K

I still cannot figure out to get rid of the sections in order to put my five
sections into my document. Word automatically put in sections when I did a "^
enter," although not on all of them. So how to by pass my "contol enters."
Thank you

"Peg K" wrote:

Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Ctrl+Enter does *not* insert a section break, just a page break. In order to
change numbering, you must use Insert | Break. Please see these articles:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

You *must* master the information in these articles in order to do what you
describe.

"Peg K" wrote in message
I still cannot figure out to get rid of the sections in order to put my

five
sections into my document. Word automatically put in sections when I did a

"^

"Peg K" wrote:

Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peg K

Thank you for your reply.
I have read these. I've gone through the movies. But this section break
(there is just one in there) is stopping my numbering in the main part of my
document.
The section break is at a spot that it does not belong.
I can't figure out how to delete this section break that is already in the
document (somehow, I thought it was from "^ enter." Apparently, I was wrong.)

It shows in my header and footers.
Thanks
Peg

"Peg K" wrote:

Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peg K

Let me add something.
I'm talking about in the headers and footers.
In the footer of page 24 it says "Footer-Section 1-"
In the header of page 25, it says "Header-Section 2-"

Maybe this is not a "section break," because I do not see one near this.

Thanks once again.

"Peg K" wrote:

Microsoft office, Word 2003, Windows XP

I want to have five sections in my document.
One with lettering (i, ii, iii)
One with numbering (1, 2, 3)
One with Appendix A (A-1, A-2)
One with Appendix B (B-1, B-2)
Once with Appendix C (C-1, C-2)
My document has "page breaks" throughout.
How am I able to break my sections down where it have the lettering,
numbering and appendixes.
How am I able to by-pass my "page breaks"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is easier to see section breaks in Normal view. You may have a Continuous
break. Certain actions (such as creating a multi-column section) will
generate section breaks automatically. If you have a section that is
entirely contained in a page, then the header and footer will not be
accessible unless you insert a temporary page break.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+Enter does *not* insert a section break, just a page break. In

order to
change numbering, you must use Insert | Break. Please see these

articles:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

You *must* master the information in these articles in order to do

what you
describe.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.