Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Modify a field in Word2003

Hi

I want to add a date field which displays the date one month (or some other
interval) ahead of the date of opening/printing the document. I seem to only
be able to insert today's date. Any help appreciated.
--
Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi geoff,
To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation
Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Geoff" wrote in message ...
Hi

I want to add a date field which displays the date one month (or some other
interval) ahead of the date of opening/printing the document. I seem to only
be able to insert today's date. Any help appreciated.
--
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geoff Geoff is offline

Thanks Macropod, but the document is a bit too complicated for me. Could you
just let me have the field for a date which is one month in the future?

Many thanks
--
Geoff

"Geoff" wrote in message ...
Hi

I want to add a date field which displays the date one month (or some other
interval) ahead of the date of opening/printing the document. I seem to only
be able to insert today's date. Any help appreciated.
--
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Geoff,

You should be able to copy & paste the example from the item titled 'Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n months delay'.
Then, change the 'SET Delay -1' expression to 'SET Delay 1'. Other than that, you may want to change the 'dd' and 'mm' order and,
possibly, the actual date format in the last line (ie "{dd}-{mm}-{yy}" \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy"), as discussed in the tutorial's
Introduction.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Geoff" wrote in message ...
Hi

I want to add a date field which displays the date one month (or some other
interval) ahead of the date of opening/printing the document. I seem to only
be able to insert today's date. Any help appreciated.
--
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geoff Geoff is offline

I tried that, and the result it gave me is 3-2-5053.
What does that mean?

--
Geoff

"Geoff" wrote in message ...
Hi

I want to add a date field which displays the date one month (or some other
interval) ahead of the date of opening/printing the document. I seem to only
be able to insert today's date. Any help appreciated.
--
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Geoff,

As explained in the tutorial's introduction, you have to update the field, which you havn't yet done. Simply select it and press F9.

--
Cheers
macropod