Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JFK

Default Label printing

I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as though
I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of the
printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I'd suggest making sure that both your printer and Word are set up for that
size document. (I know that same problem can occur with Publisher if both
aren't set up with the same page size.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of
the printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JFK

How do I set up my printer for this? I have made labels in the past and
there was no problem but I just started doing my xmas list and it just won't
work. Prior to this year it worked fine. I do automatic updates for my Word
and I am wondering if something was adjusted that is what is causing the
error.

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set
as my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle
of the printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

File - Print - Properties - go from there. A friend of mine has the ability
to so her setup on her all in one printer/scanner so it differs depending on
your printer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set
as my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle
of the printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JFK

The printer will not print unless the labels are placed all the way to the
right edge. I tried putting the labels in the middle and all it says is
printer out of paper.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I suspect you'll need to feed the labels in the center, which is where the
printer evidently expects to find them.

so
all may benefit.

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as

though
I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set
as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of

the
printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

You have to be using the wrong sized sheets for the template..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word
2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as

though
I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set
as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of

the
printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JFK

I have used these same sheets for 2 years but this time they just aren't
working. They have worked in the past but was doing a xmas address list with
the same database and labels but this time it just won't work. I might have
added some patch from Microsoft 2 yrs ago for this problem but don't
remember. I thought maybe the automatic updates knocked the function of the
patch out of whack. Just can't figure it out.

"JFK" wrote in message
The printer will not print unless the labels are placed all the way to
the right edge. I tried putting the labels in the middle and all it says
is printer out of paper.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I suspect you'll need to feed the labels in the center, which is where
the
printer evidently expects to find them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word
2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though
I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set
as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of
the
printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Are you sure that you are using the correct template?.. and does your Avery
sheet number start with the #2?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word
2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though
I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I
set as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle
of
the
printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

JFK

There are two templates for the size of label.. the difference is the amount
of labels per sheet.. one template has two columns of labels, the other has
just one column.. I would imagine that you have set the template that has
only one column, which is why it would appear to be printing in the middle
of the two columns maybe..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JFK" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge and print address labels. I am using Word 2003
and an HP 2100 series ink jet printer. I set up all the stats for my
labels but when they print they print in the middle of the printer as
though I were using letter sized paper (8 1/2 x 11)
My lables are 4.5 x 2.5 and they are an Avery address label which I set as
my label. No matter what I try, the labels still print in the middle of
the printer (or page) and not on the label.
Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JFK

Used a program called Label Maker on my HP inkjet and they worked perfectly.
Have never owned a dot matrix printer but have used these labels for 5 years
now. He still has about 15 boxes left so will be using them until they are
gone. But now that they work there is no problem.
Thanks all.