Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

Default 2 Pages Per Print Word 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to print 2 pages per page in landscape orientation using word
2007. Whilst this seems to work for text only documents, text and image
combinations do not work. I've tried putting the images in the header of the
document and also in a table layout but in both cases the image is only
printed on the first page and not the second.

Any ideas on this? I need to print about 150 pages using mail merge with 2
pages per sheet.

You can reproduce this behaviour by creating a two page document, add some
clip art to the top of each page, change the margins to custom and 2 pages
per sheet and then print.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that choosing "2 pages per sheet" alters the size of the pages in the
Word document. As far as I know, all you can do is manually move graphics to
fit within the new page margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to print 2 pages per page in landscape orientation using word
2007. Whilst this seems to work for text only documents, text and image
combinations do not work. I've tried putting the images in the header of
the
document and also in a table layout but in both cases the image is only
printed on the first page and not the second.

Any ideas on this? I need to print about 150 pages using mail merge with 2
pages per sheet.

You can reproduce this behaviour by creating a two page document, add some
clip art to the top of each page, change the margins to custom and 2 pages
per sheet and then print.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

Hi Stefan,

Yes I understand the page margins will change to fit 2 pages per sheet but I
still expect the graphics to behave in the same way as the text.

Am I missing something? If I have an image centered on page 1 & 2 and I
print with 2 pages per sheet I would expect the image to be displayed on both
sides of the new landscape orientated page. What appears to happen is that
the image from page 2 is printed directly over the top of the image from page
1...

"JT" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to print 2 pages per page in landscape orientation using word
2007. Whilst this seems to work for text only documents, text and image
combinations do not work. I've tried putting the images in the header of
the
document and also in a table layout but in both cases the image is only
printed on the first page and not the second.

Any ideas on this? I need to print about 150 pages using mail merge with 2
pages per sheet.

You can reproduce this behaviour by creating a two page document, add some
clip art to the top of each page, change the margins to custom and 2 pages
per sheet and then print.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Each object in the drawing layer is anchored to a text paragraph. The
problem is that when the page is resized, the anchor paragraphs move, and
the graphics move with them.

Have you considered setting the text wrap to "In line with text"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

Hi Stefan,

The default seems to be inline with text but it doesn't work.

I think your description below describes what I would expect to see but it
seems to me this isn't happening, if it was the I would expect to see the
image displayed in the correct place.

My doc is structured like below

Image
text text text text text text

page break

Image
text text text text text text

when I print 2 pages per sheet I'm expecting something like below

Image Image
text text text text text text text text text text

but I get

Image
text text text text text text text text text text

any other ideas?

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If each graphic is "In line with text," you can format the paragraph into
which it is inserted as "Keep with next" (Paragraph dialog box, Line and
Page Breaks tab). That should keep the graphic and the following paragraph
together. But, again, on which page they both end up depends on the
(re-)flow of text.

Just to be clear: You are not saying that the graphics disappear, are you,
just that they aren't where you expect them to be?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

Hi Stefan,

Not sure exactly what you mean by "keep with next". My image is at the top
of the document and then there is a paragraph of text below it. This is
repeated on the next page and I need to print them both on to the same page.

Yes can confirm the image is printed twice, it looks like it is just on the
first page but on closer inspection it is printed directly over the top of
the first image.

Have you been able to try this and get it working?

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Keep with next" is a paragraph property; you'll find it on the Line and
Page Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog box. To display the dialog box: On
the Home tab, click the dialog launcher button in the Paragraph group.

And, yes, for me it seems to be working with "In line with text" objects
(tested with clipart and pictures) and "Keep with next."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

I've found "keep with next" but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Is there any chance you can email me a copy of your doc that is working, I
will try it here and see what happens. My address is glover_neil at hotmail
dot com

Thanks

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is *only the paragraph that contains the in-line image that requires the
Keep with Next parameter*, which will keep it locked to the following
paragraph. Put your cursor next to the image, right click and select
Paragraph Keep with next.

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I didn't notice until I tested it myself, but if you insert two inline
pictures in a Word document, then enable "2 pages per sheet," the second
picture won't print:

picture 1
text here
page break
picture 2
text here

In this example, picture 2 is not printed. It does show up in Print
Preview, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I don't encounter this issue.

Perhaps it's due to the printer driver? I had to update printers after
installing Office 2007 on a few computers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, since you are not seeing it, I guess it could be. I will have to try a
different printer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

I have tried it on 2 different printers and the problem occurs on both,
unlikely but I guess possible it could be printer driver. The fact that the
image prints but in the wrong location (i.e. directly over the top) would
lead me to believe its a word issue though.

"JT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Were the printers made by the same manufacturer or was one a laser jet and
the other a desktop?

When I first encountered this issue (of course at the most inopportune time
in front of a large audience. g) I don't recall if the document had
multiple images but I remember the output was a jumbled mess. Once the
printer driver was updated it printed correctly.

&