rtdtnx

Default shortcut menu not keeping changes

I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want it to do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar and it stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right mouse click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you're looking at the same shortcut menu every time? There are,
as you have no doubt discovered, myriad contexts for the "context menus,"
and if you added the macro to only one or a few of the menus, you may be
seeing one to which you did not add it.

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want it to do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar and it

stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right mouse

click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rtdtnx

Thanks for a speedy reply.

I have verified that the menu item works, but after I exit Word and go back
into Word, it disappears.

rtdtnx

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want it to do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar and it

stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right mouse

click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you by any chance have Adobe Acrobat 7.0?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you're looking at the same shortcut menu every time? There

are,
as you have no doubt discovered, myriad contexts for the "context

menus,"
and if you added the macro to only one or a few of the menus, you may be
seeing one to which you did not add it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want it to

do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar and it

stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right mouse

click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think the Reader alone will cause the problem, as it does not
integrate with Word the way Acrobat does, but Acrobat 7.0 evidently sets the
Saved property of Normal.dot to True so that Word thinks it doesn't need to
be saved. You can save it explicitly by using File | Save All when you are
saving a document based on Normal.dot. To access the Save All command, press
Shift while clicking on File.

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have Adobe Reader 7.0, Why?

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse

click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want

it to
do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar

and it
stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right

mouse
click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rtdtnx

Susanne,

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure that the problem is in not saving Normal.dot.

My other changes made at the same time (done to verify that the change was
working) were recorded, saved and verified by opening Word up the next time.

Any other solutions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think the Reader alone will cause the problem, as it does not
integrate with Word the way Acrobat does, but Acrobat 7.0 evidently sets the
Saved property of Normal.dot to True so that Word thinks it doesn't need to
be saved. You can save it explicitly by using File | Save All when you are
saving a document based on Normal.dot. To access the Save All command, press
Shift while clicking on File.

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have Adobe Reader 7.0, Why?

"rtdtnx" wrote in message
I have tried to add a frequently used macro to the right-mouse

click
"shortcut Menu", but am having troubles.

I can get it to work perfectly - appearing and doing what I want

it to
do.

Problem: When I leave Word, so do all my modifications.

Yes I am saving global changes - I put a button on the tool bar

and it
stays
and work, just not able to keep changes to use later for right

mouse
click.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the menu addition is being
stored in some template other than Normal.dot and will appear only when that
template is in use (or that the macro is stored in another template and so
is unavailable to Normal.dot).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think the Reader alone will cause the problem, as it does not
integrate with Word the way Acrobat does, but Acrobat 7.0 evidently sets

the
Saved property of Normal.dot to True so that Word thinks it doesn't need

be saved. You can save it explicitly by using File | Save All when you

are
saving a document based on Normal.dot. To access the Save All command,

press
Shift while clicking on File.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.