Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jo Jo is offline

Default Word 2007 losing formatting

I have a template set up with a custom Numbered list style that should
restart at 1 at each list and is indented .63 with a .25 hang. This was set
up in Word 2002. I am using the same template in Word 2007 (resaved the
template in Word 2007 format).
Everything has been working just fine for over two weeks - until today.
For some reason, just startig today the custom numbered list does not start
with a number and just indents. These are the things that I have tried to
fix:
1) Place cursor in a numbered item that is correct and use the Update Style
to Match Selection command for the custom style. This causes all of the
lists in the document to be renumbered without starting at 1.....all lists
are continued.
2) Start a new list - it continues from the previous list - do the Restart
at 1 command and the format changes - it loses the custom indenting.
3) If I use the Format, Bullets and Numbering and click the Restart
Numbering radio button, it causes the style to be updated (OK so far) but
causes problems with the custom lists that were in the document previously.
4) Set up a new style with the format that I want, start a list, use the
Format, Bullets and Numbering to cause the style to change to restart
numbering and the new style now loses all formatting - reverting to normal.

Help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jo Jo is offline

As a side note - one thing I did use between when the style was working and
today was the Microsoft Clip Organizer (with another document). That seems
to be the only change between then and now.