Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default Insert Address Button v. Envelopes

I notice that there is sometimes a significant difference between the way
Word (2002/2003) enters an Outlook Contact's address using the Insert
Address button, say in a letter, and the way it enters the same Contact's
information using the Insert Address button in Envelopes. Is there more
than 1 version of the Insert Address button? How can I get them to yield
the same information for the same contact?

The Gory Details: I have modified the AddressLayout feature so that in
addition to the usual name and address the Insert Address button
conditionally enters the Contact's Title and Company Name, i.e., only if the
Contact actually has either a Title or Company Name. This works quite well.
Thus I get:

S. Lyme Bawl
Assistant General Counsel
Dewey Cheatham & Howe, Inc.
123 45th Street
Nirgendwo, NY 12345

But this "conditional" information is missing when I try to enter the same
person's address in an Envelope using the Insert Address. Of course, I can
work around this by cutting and pasting the information from the letter into
the envelope, but that is a little awkward--and not an option if I have not
created a letter to that Contact. Is there any way to get that same
"conditional" information into an Envelope using the Insert Address button?

Here's the way AddressLayout is currently set up:

{PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{{PR_TITLE}
}{{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

Note: The expression PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS returns an address from the
Address Book, including the country if it is different from mine, i.e., a
country other than the U.S..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Oh-oh. According to KB Article 292127 the only workaround is to
cut-and-paste the Contact's name and address from a Word document into the
Envelope. Any hope?

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You could create an envelope template and use the method at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm to put the Outlook data on the
envelope. There are sample envelopes to download from my web site using this
method (though you will have to add the Title field).