Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default Nagging delay opening or closing Word 2003

I have Office 2003. OS is WinXP.
Every time I open or close a Word document whether it's a blank one or
existing document there is a naggaing delay of 10 - 15 seconds before the
document completes opening or closing.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and the problem remains.
Any suggestions appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
João Carlos João Carlos is offline

Hello Dan,
I'm experiencing the same problem for some time and I have tried everything
I thought I knew but nothing has worked! Please keep me posted of any help
you may receive from this post to me at

Thank you.

"Dan" wrote:

I have Office 2003. OS is WinXP.
Every time I open or close a Word document whether it's a blank one or
existing document there is a naggaing delay of 10 - 15 seconds before the
document completes opening or closing.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and the problem remains.
Any suggestions appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Danny is offline

have the same problem with Word 2007. With Word 2003 (or other Office 2007
applications), there was no problem. The problem exists both at home and at
work (both Win XP Pro, SP3).
Perhaps that now there are three of us, an MVP will kindly look into the
problem...

"Dan" wrote:

I have Office 2003. OS is WinXP.
Every time I open or close a Word document whether it's a blank one or
existing document there is a naggaing delay of 10 - 15 seconds before the
document completes opening or closing.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and the problem remains.
Any suggestions appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Danny is offline

I just found the cure for my problem: It's the Acrobat add-in.
Herb Tyson discusses this solution in a post titled "Word Hang time" form
April 19, 2008.
Dan and Joao, I suggest you try this too.