Martin Wilkinson

Default Word "restore down" minimises to system tray

What's driving me nuts is that some time ago Word started minimising to
system tray when I click on "restore down". This means I either have Word
full screen or in the tray - I can't have a smaller Word window on my screen
which I can move about.

Word works fine in all other respects, and all other apps work OK - I have
obviously done something by accident to Word to cause this but I don't know
what.

Appreciate any help!

martin
Mike Faulkner

Martin

Try Deleting or Moving your [normal.dot] global template. Note: It's a
hidden file.

Warning: This will delete any AutoText, Marcos or Toolbars you have stored
there. If you have any of these use Word's Organiser to copy them into a new
[normal.dot] created when you next save a new Word document.

Regards
Mike

"Martin Wilkinson" wrote:

What's driving me nuts is that some time ago Word started minimising to
system tray when I click on "restore down". This means I either have Word
full screen or in the tray - I can't have a smaller Word window on my screen
which I can move about.

Word works fine in all other respects, and all other apps work OK - I have
obviously done something by accident to Word to cause this but I don't know
what.

Appreciate any help!

martin

Martin Wilkinson

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I deleted all Normal.dot files on my
hard drive, emptied the Recyle bin and rebooted. I checked Tools/options/file
locations and everything is pointing to my local C: drive (we are on a
network)

No effect I'm afraid!

martin

Martin Wilkinson

Here's the answer (off another forum). Simple really!

That likely due to the Window being located off the viewable desktop.
After "restore down" r-click the button in the tray and select Move and
then Arrow key it back on the screen, OR r-click the Taskbar and select
Cascade or Tile Windows.