Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Using a function in Mailmerge

You are welcome

RizzKid wrote:
Brilliant! It did just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

On further reflection, the following may be sufficient to do what
you want:

{ IF { Mergefield Person } = "*s" "{ Mergefield Person }'" "{
Mergefield Person }' s"}

RizzKid wrote:
Office 2007. I'm doing a mailmerge using an Excel spreadsheet via
OLE. I've got a field that contain's a person's name, and am trying
to find an easy way to deal with text in the possessive form. For
example: { MERGEFIELD Person }'s belongings
generates
Bill's belongings
Morris's belongings
etc. The problem is that I'd like "Morris's" to become "Morris'". If
I could just test for RIGHT({ MERGEFIELD Person },1)="s" that would
do the trick. But I can't find any way to do it. Of course I could
accomplish this in Excel and pass another field to Word, but I'm
trying not to.