Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sylvia sylvia is offline

Default Word 2003 - overlapping characters on screen and printout

I have been experiencing issues with documents displaying overlapping
characters on screen and/or on the printout. The overlapping occurs on
screen after I click to print the document. Does not matter whether it is to
a local or network printer, both are not same manufacturer. I am on an XPSP2
workstation.

If I select all the text and change the font size by half point and/or
choose a different font, say from Arial to Times New Roman, it will usually
clear up the issue. Not always though. Sometimes I have to restart my
system.

Very frustrating...please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
deadder deadder is offline

On Jan 26, 5:00 pm, Sylvia wrote:
I have been experiencing issues with documents displayingoverlappingcharacterson screen and/or on the printout. Theoverlappingoccurs on
screen after I click to print the document. Does not matter whether it is to
a local or network printer, both are not same manufacturer. I am on an XPSP2
workstation.

If I select all the text and change the font size by half point and/or
choose a different font, say from Arial to Times New Roman, it will usually
clear up the issue. Not always though. Sometimes I have to restart my
system.

Very frustrating...please help.

I am having the exact same problem. It will be nice to see what the
root cause is! Please share if you find out what the problem is
outside of this forum.