Looks double-spaced but Word says it's single-spaced

Old May 5th 16, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Looks double-spaced but Word says it's single-spaced

On Monday, February 4, 2002 at 6:16:50 AM UTC-8, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

On Monday, February 4, 2002 at 6:16:50 AM UTC-8, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

FORMAT -- PARAGRAPH -- SPACING

Make sure that "Before" and "After" are both "0 pt"
Old September 16th 16, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

This was it! Thanks!!
Old May 30th 17, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Thank you! That has fixed my problem and I spent ages looking for an answer before I read yours.
Old June 9th 17, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Helbron

After serious thinking wrote :
[...]

I have the same problem but only one line in the paragraph is
double-spaced! I have high-lighted the line and it shows "Before" and
"After" are both "0 pt". I've also checked other similar paragraphs and
are are all single-spaced! Please advise!

Bill
Old June 9th 17, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Have you turned on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to check
whether there's a space character, or something, that has a large point-size?

Old June 10th 17, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Helbron

Peter T. Daniels wrote on 09-Jun-17 :
Have you turned on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to check
whether there's a space character, or something, that has a large point-size?

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:38:25 AM UTC-4, Bill Helbron wrote:
After serious thinking wrote :
On Monday, February 4, 2002 at 6:16:50 AM UTC-8, Stephanie wrote:

I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help! On Monday,
February 4, 2002 at 6:16:50 AM UTC-8, Stephanie wrote: I've got a document
that I want to be single-spaced - and that's what the formatting says it
is - but it looks double-spaced. How can I change the document so that
it looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!
FORMAT -- PARAGRAPH -- SPACING
Make sure that "Before" and "After" are both "0 pt"

I have the same problem but only one line in the paragraph is
double-spaced! I have high-lighted the line and it shows "Before" and
"After" are both "0 pt". I've also checked other similar paragraphs and
are are all single-spaced! Please advise!

Thanks Peter,

I will certainly try that if it I encounter it again but I simply
"re-typed" that line in another location, copied it, & pasted it over
the double-spaced line, and it solved the problem!

Bill

Old January 10th 18, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 5:16:20 AM UTC+10, wrote:
[...]

cheers, helped Tin and I in Tasmania
Old June 6th 18, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 3:25:27 PM UTC-7, wrote:
This was it! Thanks!!

Thank you!! That did it!
Old January 23rd 19, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!!!