Keeping text together on same line - Dr., Mr., a.m., p.m.

Old January 30th 19, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Keeping text together on same line - Dr., Mr., a.m., p.m.

I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?
Old January 30th 19, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Use the "non-breaking space" character. If you go to the "Special Characters"
pane of the "Symbol" tool (on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, its symbol is
a capital Omega, at the far right), it tells you that the keyboard
shortcut for non-breaking space is Ctrl-Shift-Space. (Just as a non-
breaking hyphen is Ctrl-Shift-hyphen.)

Old January 30th 19, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ
Old January 30th 19, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ

Oh, I wouldn't go that far ... I haven't the slightest idea how to deal
with your other question!
Old January 30th 19, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 2:24:39 PM UTC-6, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ

Oh, I wouldn't go that far ... I haven't the slightest idea how to deal
with your other question!

That is quite okay. I am sure I will have other questions for which you will be the responding party. You are clearly a great source of information. CJ