Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
willywhy willywhy is offline

Default I want to place an X over/on top of letter like a strike through

I want to place an X over/on top of letter like a strike through
--
Willywhy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
willywhy willywhy is offline

Default I want to place an X over/on top of letter like a strike throu

Thanks Jay
what I need is (as in a legal contract CHANGES ) a word in a document needs
to be changed BUT the origanol word still needs to be displayed eg: "I may
go to" the word MAY needs to be replaced with "I MUST go to" it will display
as such " I must (may) go to" THE WORD MAY WILL HAVE A LARGE X TYPED ON ALL
THREE LETTERS simular to the strike through option lised in the 'insert' drop
down, then font click on
--
Willywhy

wrote:

I want to place an X over/on top of letter like a strike through

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:08:01 -0700, willywhy
wrote:

Thanks Jay
what I need is (as in a legal contract CHANGES ) a word in a document needs
to be changed BUT the origanol word still needs to be displayed eg: "I may
go to" the word MAY needs to be replaced with "I MUST go to" it will display
as such " I must (may) go to" THE WORD MAY WILL HAVE A LARGE X TYPED ON ALL
THREE LETTERS simular to the strike through option lised in the 'insert' drop
down, then font click on

Word doesn't have any function like that. If you use either
"strikethrough" font formatting or Track Changes, you can get a
horizontal line through the deleted words, but it can't substitute an
X for the strikethrough -- you'd have to use a separate overstrike
formula field for each letter.