Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Hiding a sentence in the body of text

I want to hide some sentences in some paragraphes in the body of text for
printing purposes. These sentences are basically in Japanese which helps me
to know the Japanese equivalent of the references when I work/read the
report. But my boss doesn't want them to appear in the final printed report
which is logical.
So I want to read the file in monitor and possibly print Japanese for my own
usage but have the option to print the file without Japanese characters for
my boss.

What is the best way to perform this task in WORD?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Is there any problem with applying the Hidden character format to that
text? The default shortcut key to toggle the format for the selected
text is Ctrl+Shift+H.

If that works for you, note that there are two separate options in the
Tools Options dialog that affect it. The one on the View tab
controls whether the hidden text can be seen on screen. The one on the
Print tab independently controls whether the hidden text prints on the
paper page. If you keep the View option turned on and the Print option
turned off, you'll see the hidden text in Print Layout or Normal view,
but not in Print Preview or on the printed page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman