Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dmarigold dmarigold is offline

Default How do I print directly on to 5-tab dividers?

Hello,

Can anyone help me? I want to print directly on to 5-tab index dividers (not
onto labels). Templates are not included in the package, and none of Avery's
seem to work. I tried a google search, and came up empty. There must be a
template out there for this!

THANK YOU!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dmarigold dmarigold is offline

I'm actually using IBM dividers, but I looked at avery because they are known
for their templates. We have a production system that can print directly on
the dividers, but only from a media center computer and it is not a very
user-friendly system. I can set our regular copiers up to print on the tabs,
and I've run them through successfully printing text on the main part of the
page. But I can't find a template to set up printing on the tab part of the
divider.

"dmarigold" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone help me? I want to print directly on to 5-tab index dividers

(not
onto labels). Templates are not included in the package, and none of

Avery's
seem to work. I tried a google search, and came up empty. There must be a
template out there for this!

THANK YOU!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Then you'll need to create your own template. I would suggest a table with
rotated text. You might see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/ThumbIndex.htm for some tips.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If Avery intended for you to print directly on them, instructions would

be
provided.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"dmarigold" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone help me? I want to print directly on to 5-tab index

dividers
(not
onto labels). Templates are not included in the package, and none of

Avery's
seem to work. I tried a google search, and came up empty. There must

be a
template out there for this!

THANK YOU!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dmarigold dmarigold is offline

Right, but how to I create a template for an odd-shaped page? I can't tell a
word doc to print outside of the 8.5 x 11 area, so how do I get text onto the
tabs?

thanks for your responses and willingness to help!