Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
heshie75v heshie75v is offline

Default Cursor

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and his "enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Go to the Control Panel and Printers and other hardware. Select the Mouse
Properties and Pointer Options. Uncheck hide pointer while typing and if you
wish select the Show location of pointer when pressing the Ctrl key. Hope
this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and his "enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
heshie75v heshie75v is offline

Not really, it still acts the same. Especially when I hit "enter" the cursor
is just gone for a while ;(

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and his "enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you press and release the Control key, does it reappear?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
heshie75v heshie75v is offline

The cursor disappears when I press enter and it takes an extrodinary amount
of time for it to reappear on the next line..This DID NOT happen with my
office 2000.On the same PC, just upgraded to 2003

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Excuse me for popping in - Are you using a standard cursor or is it
something you've downloaded from any number of sites?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and
his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

There. I knew I'd answered the same question. Please don't keep reposting
the same message. If I reply here and find someone else has answered the
question elsewhere, we would both be extremely annoyed at having duplicated
our efforts.

Start Word in Safe Mode and test again. From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test now to see if you have the same problems. That will
give us an idea where to look for the problem.

Terry

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter
and
his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might also try going to the Windows Control Panel & in the Keyboard
Properties increase the Insertion Point Blink Rate. If it's set too low that
could make a difference - just an outside shot

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/20/07 2:30 PM, in article
, "heshie75v"

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter and
his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Butler John Butler is offline

In my case the cursor disappears when I jit enter or backspace. But as soon
as I move the mouse the cursor reappears or i can press control to highlight
it. I think it has always worked like this.
I have a Windows animated cursor scheme and the software is Intellipoint
5.5, connection and the mouse is connected via the PS2 port
John

.. .