Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2002 track changes options

I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature." I'm told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002, or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this "redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2002 track changes options- uh-oh.

Thank you Suzanne,
I know zilch about macros, so I followed the "idiot's guide" exactly. I
copied in exactly this (below):

Sub TrackChanges()

' Thanks Shauna!! Fellow MVP Shauna Kelly provided me the basic format of
' this macro last year when I started using Word2002.

With Application.Options
..RevisedLinesMark = wdRevisedLinesMarkOutsideBorder
..RevisedLinesColor = wdAuto
..DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough
..DeletedTextColor = wdRed
..InsertedTextMark = wdInsertedTextMarkItalic
..InsertedTextColor = wdBlue
..RevisedPropertiesMark = wdRevisedPropertiesMarkColorOnly
..RevisedPropertiesColor = wdViolet

End With
End Sub

It did not work. The toolbar button does nothing. I can;t make my new button
active so I can check it in the "Add or Remove buttons"--"Reviewing" list.
Further, I now cannot get added text when I edit to be any color but black.
This is bad! I think I did something big wrong. The link you sent also gives
this as the way to change the deleted text font color:

1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VB Editor
2. Press Ctrl+G to open the "Immediate window"
3. Type - Application.Options.DeletedTextColor = wdBlue
4. Press Enter

So I tried various variations to change the "Added" text font color, but it
wouldn't recognize "added" or any other word in place of "Deleted." So I am
stumped, and stuck. Any advice out there??
Thanks.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature." I'm

told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002, or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this "redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What toolbar button? You need run this macro only once; it doesn't need a
button. And note that the options for deleted text apply only if you disable
balloons or view the document in Normal view.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word 2002 does not offer the ability to format deleted text, but see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as

highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature."

I'm
told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all

boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002,

or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this

"redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Thank you. I followed the instructions at this link:

After copying the macro into the macro editor window, I clicked "save" as
instructed. After that, I followed instructions to save the macro in a new
module. Then I followed instructions to add the macro to the toolbar.
I haven't a clue how to run it; if saving it didn't run it, well, beats me!
I've never dealt with macros before. I should probably learn how! Perhaps the
example used in the macro instructions is quite different from the
TrackChanges macro.

Please tell me how to run the macro, and if I have the macro correctly
copied as everything between and including Sub and Sub (beginning and end),
including the lines "Thanks Shauna!" etc.
Thanks for the help,
Lisa

"Lisa" wrote in message
I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as

highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature."

I'm
told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all

boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002,

or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this

"redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2002 track changes options- WORKS!

Wait, I did it! The "run" tab on the top menu did nothing. But after reading
your last message again, I checked out the other tabs and found it under
tools-macro-run.
Many thanks Suzanne for putting up with a macro novice. I say, those
"idiot-proof" instructions really fall flat, leaving off that all-important
point of how to actually RUN the macro once it's installed.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as

highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature."

I'm
told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all

boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002,

or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this

"redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2002 track changes options--- another uh-oh

Ah.... wait... with balloons disabled, my comment boxes are gone, along with
the comments. How do I enable comments while still using the redlining
feature in Track Changes? How do I get my comments back in the document? Are
they still saved somewhere?