Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lori F. Lori F. is offline

Default Using a Downloaded Template in Mail Merge

Hi, I'm using Word 2K3 to do place cards for a reception. I have blank Avery
5302 tent cards (Staples equivalent), but Word doesn't list it in the mail
merge label options. (Not sure what to choose - it doesn't fit in any of the
listed categories). I downloaded the Avery 5302 template from the Avery site
(it's a Word doc) and tried to use it in Mail Merge, but several issues:

1. It only merges the first name in the data file.
2. Can't add graphics (only allows me to click in the middle where the name
goes) in the corners.

Tried saving it as a template and doing a directory mail merge, but it won't
see it in the mailmerge tab for a template.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to replicate the set up on the first label to the other labels on
the sheet.

See the following articles on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" at:

and "Graphics on Labels" at:

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

It's the same for 2003