Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TickedNOhio TickedNOhio is offline

Default When ever I open a saved document it opens at the top of the docu.

If I am working on a long document and I open it back up Word Defaults to the
top of the document. Is it possible to bookmark the document to open up to
where I left off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

After you've opened the document, you can use Shift+F5 to move the insertion
point to the last edit point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TickedNOhio" wrote in message
If I am working on a long document and I open it back up Word Defaults to
the
top of the document. Is it possible to bookmark the document to open up to
where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Two additional points:

- If it doesn't work properly in Word 2000 through 2003, you need a macro to
fix it: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm

- It doesn't work at all in Word 2007, which doesn't save the built-in
\PrevSel1 bookmark when the file is closed. It would be possible to write
AutoClose and AutoOpen macros to save a (not built-in) bookmark and return
to it. Someone has probably done this already, but I don't have a citation
to give you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Stefan Blom wrote:
After you've opened the document, you can use Shift+F5 to move the
insertion point to the last edit point.

"TickedNOhio" wrote in message
If I am working on a long document and I open it back up Word
Defaults to the
top of the document. Is it possible to bookmark the document to open
up to where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. I'm currently editing a 165-
page article, and when I reopen it, sometimes Shift-F5 works and
sometimes it doesn't. More reliable is clicking the back-arrow on the
Reviewing toolbar and it asks whether it should start searching from
the end. It then takes you to the endmost (though not necessarily the
most recent) tracked change or Comment in the file.

On Mar 27, 9:31*am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
After you've opened the document, you can use Shift+F5 to move the insertion
point to the last edit point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TickedNOhio" wrote in message

If I am working on a long document and I open it back up Word Defaults to
the
top of the document. Is it possible to bookmark the document to open up to
where I left off?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See Jay's reply for work-arounds.