Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abonilla4 abonilla4 is offline

Default Auto Text Insert Feature

Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text feature in Word
2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work at all.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

AutoComplete no longer works for AutoText entries in Word 2007, if that's
what you are asking. Instead, type the name of the AutoText and then press
F3 to insert it.

Alternatively, if you have been using AutoText to primarily insert text
(instead of more complex objects), you can make use of AutoCorrect instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"abonilla4" wrote in message
Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text feature in
Word
2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamela's Bookkeeping Pamela's Bookkeeping is offline

In Word 2000 I use auto insert to insert complete sentenances that I have
under normal text, are you saying we can no longer do that with the 2007
version?

"abonilla4" wrote in message
Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text feature in
Word
2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No. What he is saying is that autocomplete is no longer available. You can
type the unique part of your autotext entry and press F3 to insert it, or
pick the entry from a menu, or you can use autocorrect instead. Autocorrect
can insert anything that can be inserted by autotext, but works in a
different way - requiring a trigger key combination.

"abonilla4" wrote in message
Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text
feature in Word
2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A little Frustrated A little Frustrated is offline

I miss it, really. If I select and copy a long sentence or two and add it
as autotext, then it will start typing it in at the first word. But the
shortcut phrases? I can't get those to work, myself.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A little Frustrated A little Frustrated is offline

Thank you so much for your response about the auto insert. But I didn't
think it would take more than five or so characters in the find and replace
on the autocorrect.

I have been able to perform two-sentence structures that way, however.
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"abonilla4" wrote:

Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text feature in Word
2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work at all.

It's basically much more complicated than the autotext replace was in 2003.
You have to highlight the info you want to be inserted each time, and go to
QUICK PARTS, and add it there. I know someone else will come back and give
you better directions. Because the rules don't seem to apply for everything,
I'm having trouble myself, learning what works and what doesn't. GOOD LUCK!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can store many pages including graphics etc in autocorrect? It only
needs two or more characters to trigger the entry?

A little Frustrated wrote:
Thank you so much for your response about the auto insert. But I
didn't think it would take more than five or so characters in the
find and replace on the autocorrect.

I have been able to perform two-sentence structures that way, however.
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Select the text and press ALT+F3 to store the entry, just as in earlier
versions.
Type the first few unique characters of the autotext name and press F3 to
insert it in the document.

A little Frustrated wrote:
"abonilla4" wrote:

Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text
feature in Word 2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work
at all.

It's basically much more complicated than the autotext replace was in
2003. You have to highlight the info you want to be inserted each
time, and go to QUICK PARTS, and add it there. I know someone else
will come back and give you better directions. Because the rules
don't seem to apply for everything, I'm having trouble myself,
learning what works and what doesn't. GOOD LUCK!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A little Frustrated A little Frustrated is offline

THANK YOU PAMELA, GRAHAM MAYOR, ALL OF YOU.
I COULDN'T PUT PERSONAL REPLIES ON CERTAIN ONES, SO
IT DOES HELP TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU. I'M INTO DETAILS AND SOMETIMES LIKE
TO FIND A BACK DOOR INTO GETTING SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY WORK! SO THANKS TO
ALL WHO RESPONDED! God bless you.