Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie Carrie is offline

Default My Insert-Break menu shows nothing?

I have gone into Tools-Customize-Rearrange Commands and added Insert Page
Break and Insert Section break, but they do not appear when going to the
Insert-
Break menu.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Carrie,

You may want to use Tools=Customize=Commands and drag the items from there to the menu/toolbar of choice to be sure that's
working. If that doesn't work/stick then you may have an Add-in, (such as Acrobat) that may be overriding/resetting your choices.

What may have happened using the [Rearrange] choice and the [Add] button is that if the menu wasn't set to 'Insert' at the top then
the added commands may end up on a menu other than what you intended (i.e. on the File menu).

Insert=Break in Word 2003 is a dialog box rather than a submenu set and both of those insert choices should be listed in the
dialog box, assuming you're in the document text area (i.e. they won't be available [they're greyed out] while a graphic or text box
is selected in the document).

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP