Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default regular PC MS Word templates transferable for Mac MS Word?

Hi All,

Do templates made for Word 2003 work for those using a Word version for their Mac? As I write this I realize I probably would need to know the versions that the Mac user has.

Cheers,
Gil Carter
Cheers . Gil

Gil Carter, MD, JD

60 second peek movies of TSMR in regular use: http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com, in regular use since 1990; pre-TSMR2008 versions remain free; uses Microsoft Word; can be used as an adjunct to other EMR programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Unfortunately there are too many variables to give you an absolute "yes",
but a "qualified" yes is justified. The primary considerations are what the
template includes as a part of its structure and - as you realized - which
version of Word the Mac user is working with. The fonts used in the template
are also a consideration.

If the template involves VBA (macros) the following page may be helpful -
but keep in mind that the latest version of Mac Word (2008) does NOT support
VBA at all:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/MacWordVBA.html

FWIW, the bottom line (IMHO) is that cross-platform compatibility is usually
attainable if the designer understands the requirements of the intended
platforms and proceeds with that intent. To create an application based
strictly on considerations for one platform *only* and expect it to "just
work" everywhere & anywhere else is an exercise in folly that falls
somewhere between arrogance & naïveté :-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac