Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Goofypal Goofypal is offline

Default Word 2007 changing Word 2000 files

I tried Word 2007, didn't like it, and went back to Word 2000.
Unfortunately, it appears that all files created before I tried Word 2007
have been changed to Word 2007 format (even though they were never opened or
saved with Word 2007). When I try to open with Word 2000 now, all I get is
gibberish. Is it possible that 2007 changed the file formats? If so, how
can I change them back so I can use with 2000? I have tried to use the
recover text from any file, and still have gibberish.
--
Goofypal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mxk@datanumen.net is offline

On 3ÔÂ26ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç11ʱ23·Ö, Goofypal
wrote:
I triedWord2007, didn't like it, and went back toWord2000.
Unfortunately, it appears that all files created before I triedWord2007
have been changed toWord2007 format (even though they were never opened or
saved withWord2007). When I try to open withWord2000 now, all I get is
gibberish. Is it possible that 2007 changed thefileformats? If so, how
can I change them back so I can use with 2000? I have tried to use therecovertext from anyfile, and still have gibberish.
--
Goofypal

Hi,

I think you can try a utility called Advanced Word Repair to repair
your Word document. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/awr/

Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the files were never opened and saved in Word 2007, Word 2007 has not
changed them. They will be exactly as they were before. What is more
interesting is why Word 2000 can no longer open them. Have you uninstalled
Office 2007 completely? Have you re-installed Word 2000 from the original
disc? If so then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.