Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Highlighting shows on screen-not on printed copy

I have a document with highlighting in the body of the report here and there.
The highlighting shows on the screen, but when I print the page, it does NOT
show. I have checked Tools/Options and the highlight box is checked.

Any ideas why this would be happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Betsy" wrote:

I have a document with highlighting in the body of the report here and there.
The highlighting shows on the screen, but when I print the page, it does NOT
show. I have checked Tools/Options and the highlight box is checked.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

If you are using the default yellow colour for highlighting and a a black
and white printer, then chances are that the yellow is not picked up by the
printer, especially if the toner or ink is low.

If that is the case, try using gray highlighting instead (Set the
highlighting colour to gray and do a Find/Replace where you will look for
highlighting and replace by highlighting).