Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
johnamo3 johnamo3 is offline

Default How do I get the page # instead of {PAGE} to print in the footer?

While in edit mode and in Print Layout view I see the page number of my
document but when I select print preview and print the doc the page number
changes to {PAGE}. I've tried the ALTF9 solution and that updates it on the
print preview screen only - the final output still prints with {PAGE}. Also
- when I distribute the document others are able to print without similar
issues. Thank you for helping!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Sounds as if "Field codes" is turned on in the "Include with document" group
in Tools Options Print tab. If that is the case, turn it off.

In case of Word 2007, click Office button Word Options Advanced - you
will find the option in the "Print" group.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"johnamo3" wrote:

While in edit mode and in Print Layout view I see the page number of my
document but when I select print preview and print the doc the page number
changes to {PAGE}. I've tried the ALTF9 solution and that updates it on the
print preview screen only - the final output still prints with {PAGE}. Also
- when I distribute the document others are able to print without similar
issues. Thank you for helping!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
johnamo3 johnamo3 is offline

Default How do I get the page # instead of {PAGE} to print in the foot

Thank you Lene! That did the trick - not very intuitive to the average user.