MXD

Default How do i remove fonts form word that arent in my fonts folder

I have various fonts in word that arent in my fonts folder, but do appear in
the frop down. Any suggestions?
Xero

I assume that you want to add them to your font list, right?

If you are, go to Control Panel, then double-click Font.
Then, from the File menu, click Install New Font.
Then browse to the folder you have the font files stored.
When the font names appear in the list, click Select All to highlight them
all, then click Install.
The fonts should now be visible in the font list in Word.

"MXD" wrote:

I have various fonts in word that arent in my fonts folder, but do appear in
the frop down. Any suggestions?

I can think of two possibilities:

1. These are the original fonts used in certain documents. Change the
default font in the document to one you have.

2. These are printer-resident fonts or Adobe PostScript fonts that are not
listed in the Fonts folder. On the TrueType Fonts tab of Tools | Folder
Options in the Fonts folder, check the box for "Show only TrueType fonts in
the programs on my computer."