KerryL

Default Hide comment initials in normal view of body?

How can I hide the display of the user initials and comment version in the
body of a document? (In Normal View.) I want to leave these in the guts of
the comment itself, but I don't want my reading broken up by [XYn] wherever
I've added a comment.
In Word XP, the flow looked like this:
(Shaded)
This is text with a comment associated with it. Followed (unshaded) by text
without a comment.

In Word 2003, this is what I see:
(Shaded)
This is text with a comment associated with it[KL1]. Followed (unshaded) by
text without a comment.

I want the [KL1] to be included in the comment (don't want to remove the
metadata) and in the tooltip, but I don't want to see it unless I open the
comment pane or hover & get the tooltip.
If I set the balloon view on for web/printer, then in print layout view the
[KL1] does go away, but I'd like to not have that interrupt the flow in
normal view (and I don't always want the balloon view in layout view, either).
Thanks!
....Kerry
(Apologies if this is a duplicate - got an error when I posted this earlier)
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Replied to earlier posted question, in this group.

Cindy Meister