Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Adding the Frame command to the INSERT option on the toolbar

The same way you add any other command to a menu or toolbar: Tools |
Customize, locate the command and drag it to the menu or toolbar. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had
previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now, for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: ...

Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now, for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

What is the *frame*, exactly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

I understand the process, but I cannot locate the command "Frame" under any
of the categories shown.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The same way you add any other command to a menu or toolbar: Tools |
Customize, locate the command and drag it to the menu or toolbar. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had
previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now,

for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Once I have inserted a picture (from file) onto the page, I highlight the
picture, and then click on INSERT! FRAME. This enables me to position
multiple frames/pictures on a page. Somehow, the FRAME command has
disappeared from the INSERT dropdown menu.

"st" wrote in message
"G.G. Biggar, Jr." сообщил/сообщила в новостях

Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had

previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now,

for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

What is the *frame*, exactly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You do not need a frame to achieve your aim. If you right-click on the
inserted picture, change the Text Wrapping option from In Line to one of the
floating options. Then you can drag them around and change the alignment.

But as to the Frame command, I remember that there was a mistake with this
command and it was called something else rather weird but for the life of me
I cannot remember what it was called (in my defense Word 2000 was a long
time and many incarnations ago).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon Biggar" wrote in message
I understand the process, but I cannot locate the command "Frame" under any
of the categories shown.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The same way you add any other command to a menu or toolbar: Tools |
Customize, locate the command and drag it to the menu or toolbar. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had
previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now,

for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the
FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It was called "Horizontal" in Word 97, but I thought this had been corrected
by Word 2000. And I think it may have been "Horizontal" only in the Insert
category; in All Commands, it was still InsertFrame.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Sir Terry --

Life is so simple -- when you know how. I never would have thought to
change the text wrapping option.

Many thanks!

Gordon

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

InsertFrame it is! I had been looking under Frame for the command, not
thinking that the command would duplicate the dropdown title, Insert.

Many thanks!

GB

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

IMO...

Office 2000 was a pretty good, stable and reliable version. Office XP (2002)
was a disaster of instability and bugs. Office 2003 was stable and became a
great friend. Office 2007 is a disaster. If you need to update right now, go
for Office 2003 but otherwise wait for Office 14 which MUST be better than
2007.

Terry

"Gordon Biggar" wrote in message
I remember now why I used a frame for encompassing pictures. I believe it
was Suzanne Barnhill who put me on to this some years ago when I was
writing
a book that encompassed 95 photographs. Each photo had a caption below it
(e.g., Figure 1, etc.). By placing the frame around both the picture and
the caption, one could drag the combination without having to move (and
realign) both photos and captions separately.

On another subject: is Office 2007 a significant improvement over my
Office
2000? I use both Word and Excel for pretty basic stuff, and I haven't
felt
deprived. However, I don't want to run into the situation where older
files
are not recognized by more recent software. Or, is Microsoft working on
something newer, and it might pay to wait?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Don't upgrade as long as Word 2000 will do what you need. Word 2007 is quite
a paradigm shift, and it would take you a long time to regain productivity.
The improvements are mostly glitz; if your documents are fairly plain, you
don't need them. You can get an idea of what you would be dealing with using
the "test drive" at
http://www.runaware.com/microsoft/en...=launch_wizard.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

As always, these forums are the best thing since sliced bread. You folks
possess a wealth of knowledge, and you are most patient when dealing with
the "great unwashed" among us. I'd even be willing to pay a retainer fee
just to have access to such a knowledgeable crowd of folks who must
obviously enjoy dispensing their wisdom.

Once more, many thanks!

GGB